Expected Functions and Duties
I. Education and Training:
- Revising and upgrading the educational modules of the whole curriculum. This includes the curriculum outlines, intended learning outcomes, educational methods, course or module guides, and assessment methods. This function is done through collaboration between the MEU, the curriculum committee and subcommittees, and subject area experts.
- Regular monitoring of the multi system integrated modules for ensuring sufficient integration. This function is done through collaboration between the MEU and the curriculum committee.
- Planning and supervising the clinical skills lab activities.
- Student assessment (This function is done through collaboration between the MEU, the student assessment committee, and subject area experts):
- Checking for matching between teaching/learning methods and assessment methods used.
- Reviewing all written exams for:
- Item types used in an exam paper.
- Item quality.
- Validity and reliability of tests.
- Planning tools for assessing the psychomotor and affective aspects of the students (rating scales and checklists for clinical and practical exams and for clinical skills lab).
- Establishing an online exam bank.
- Planning and conducting workshops and training activities for both full and part timer staff in different areas.
- Providing consultations for faculty in issues related to teaching, assessment, and course management. This will be done both through one-on-one training (inside or outside the MEU) or in the form of meetings with multiple faculty members from different programs.
- Planning and conducting workshops for students in the following areas:
- a. Study skills
- b. Self-learning
- c. PBL concept and steps
- d. Presentation skills
- e. Orientation about student assessment methods
- f. Professional communication
- Work in collaboration with the Deanship for Quality and Development in preparing the college for obtaining the academic re accreditation.
II. Research and Publishing
a. Doing and publishing researches in the field of medical education.
b. Collaboration with other HPEIs inside and outside the college in doing research.
a. Providing training activities to staff from other institutions.
b. Providing consultations to other HPEIs in the field of medical education.
c. Collaboration with other HPEIs inside and outside the college in the field of medical education.
d. Holding educational and training activities for medical staff working in the hospital and other community healthcare settings.