Welcome to the department of Academic Affairs at Ibn Sina National College for Medical Studies!
Supporting the students in their efforts to get the best of opportunities at the college to pursue excellence in their chosen programs is the top most priority for us at the Academic Affairs. In close coordination with the administrative and academic departments in the college we strive to provide all possible guidance to the students and extend timely help to create and sustain a stimulating learning environment on the campus.
With sections in both male and female sides of the campus this department ensures orderly functioning of academic activities in the college and enforces a disciplined behavior on the campus. Academic schedules, maintenance of attendance records, management of academic performance data etc., are some important functions of this department. Channelizing creative energy of the young minds on the campus into productive and innovative learning outcomes and extending appropriate counseling support to help the distressed students and those with learning difficulties are equally important to us.
Aligned with the institution’s mission we work single mindedly to make the students as stress free as possible, thus help them realize their academic aspirations
”To strive to create a stimulating learning environment for students at ISNC to excel in their aspirations”
Student attendance and regularity are among the most important factors for success and excellence at the College, reflecting seriousness, discipline, and commitment towards their professional careers. The Academic Affairs Department would like to provide you with the following regulations, based on which acceptable excuses for various cases are determined, along with the conditions for their acceptance. These approved regulations, imposed by the College Council, must be adhered to by the students.
Rules and Regulations:
- The maximum allowable absence for each course in a semester is 25% of the total number of theoretical/practical lectures, including acceptable excuses.
- All types of absence excuses must be submitted to the Academic Affairs Department within a period not exceeding three days from the date of absence. Excuses submitted after this period will not be accepted.
- The student alone bears the responsibility and any disciplinary penalties imposed by the College in case of submitting excuses for sick leaves or other circumstances that do not comply with these regulations.
- Only ORIGINAL medical reports and other relevant documents are accepted for all cases.
- Sick leaves from the Sehhaty platform are only accepted, and no other forms will be accepted.
- Prior approval from the College Council must be obtained before participating in official events or activities organized by the College, and an excuse for attendance must be provided. This requirement does not include examination periods. The student is responsible for informing all relevant faculty members at the College of their consent to participate.
- In case of a traffic accident occurring at the same time as an examination, an official and authenticated report from the Traffic Department or Najm must be provided.
- In case of the death of a relative, an excuse of up to three days is granted after submitting the necessary supporting documents (Death Certificate or Burial Permit) and proof of the degree of kinship with the deceased. The eligible relatives include: parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent.
- In case of other compelling excuses not mentioned above, the student must submit an official letter describing the complete situation, including the student’s name, date of request, and signature, along with the relevant supporting documents. The College council has the right to evaluate the situation and accept or reject the excuse.
Submission of Medical Excuses:
- In cases of hospitalization, the College must be notified, even through one of the student’s relatives, and a medical report confirming their condition must be provided.
- Excuses for clinical appointments are accepted only if the student submits a letter to the College prior to the scheduled appointment, stating whether this excuse is for the student and providing supporting evidence. This provision does not apply to any type of examination, including quizzes, midterm exams, or final exams.
- Maternity leave is permitted for a maximum of two weeks only. Reports, along with appropriate evidence (Hospital Notification Certificate or Birth Certificate), must be submitted within two weeks from the date of delivery.
Academic Affairs Office – First floor
Phone: +966 12 6356555